Monday, 9 December 2013

Janet Scott Design and Tiny, but mighty.

Well I think I mentioned a few days ago that I had some exciting news? The news is , drum roll please.....I got accepted onto a creative team! I can hardly believe my luck! I know that I have been scrapbooking on paper for about ten years now but I only started making digital layouts about a month ago so I was really going out on a limb when I decided to answer Janet Scott Design's creative team call. To my great joy she accepted me and I have already had my first assignment!


You might have guessed that my first assignment was to use Janet's new kit "Tiny, but mighty" and below you will see the layouts I have made with it so far. It has meant even more to me to have this kit as my first assignment because the kit is about premature babies and during December the proceeds will be donated to the NICU where Janet's youngest daughter spent the first two months of her life. This is a subject especially close to my heart for several reason. The first reason being that I was myself a premature baby, I was born two months early and weighed just 2lb 11oz. I was very lucky to have been born at the John Radcliff Hospital in Oxford which even in 1997 had a silver star baby unit which was able to care for preemies like me, I believe I was the second smallest baby born there to survive at the time! The second reason is that my beloved niece Xanthe Rose was cared for at a similar NICU surrounded by teeny tiny 0lb 5oz babies during her short little life so I have some idea what it is like for families in this situation. And lastly my own daughter had a three month stay in hospital when she was a baby, although not newborn, which included her first Christmas! It was the connection I felt with Janet when I saw this kit and heard about her daughters stories which gave me the push to apply for her CT and I am so glad I did! If you would like to but her kit and help her cause you can do so on her website; http://janetscottdesign.com/Tiny-But-Mighty-All-Inclusive-Bundle-TBM-10.htm.

 

The first layout is about my daughter as a newborn, just a couple of days old and still in the hospital. I love that photo of her, she doesn't look real! The second is about her discovering ice-cream when she was about a year old! I made this layout to show that the "Tiny, but mighty" kit isn't just for layouts about preemies or babies, it is a truly beautiful and versatile kit which can be used for lots of different themes.


Joining Janet's CT has also had the added bonus of spurring me on to check out other websites and forums dedicated to Digital Scrapbooking, as well as getting be back onto flickr and encouraging me to actually start using Pinterest! It is all a big learning curve, but lots of fun too! I even figured out how to resize my photos to fit all the requirements for uploading to different online galleries!  I might even stick my neck out further and apply for a couple more CTs!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thrilled that you joined the team. You do gorgeous work and I'm lucky to be able to work with you! :)

    ~ Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy that you actually read my blog post Janet! And left a comment, some people have said they have trouble commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, I really hope you enjoyed it. See you again soon!