Sunday, 8 December 2013

Scrap365 last sketch challenge of 2013

I entered paper layouts in the sketch challenge a few times earlier in the year and then found that it was too difficult to get scrapping done in the limited time I have with a little one to take care of and no dedicated craft space. That is until I tried my hand at digital scrapbooking! After checking that it is OK to enter digital layouts for the Scrap365 Sketchbook challenge I started trying to put together a layout using this months sketch.


 Of course that is when block struck! Today I came across a great set of freebies by digital designer Shel Belle Scraps. The papers and embellishments are her portion of the Scraps-n-Pieces blog train "Giving Thanks", it is available on her blog http://shelbellescraps.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/giving-thanks-blog-train.html. She also had an add on alpha set on her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ShelBelleScraps?fref=ts. As soon as I saw this set I thought of this old family photo, the colour pallet and embellishments seemed just right. I rotated the sketch 90 degrees and it all fell into place!



I'm looking forward to next years sketch challenges and maybe I'll even get brave enough to submit some layouts for the magazine calls! Now I'm off to add this link to their blog, hope I manage to do it right this time!

2 comments:

  1. You have done it right Kathie and I am here to tell you that you have done a fabulous job! Thank you so much for joining us at Sketchbook365, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I love this gorgeous vintage colour scheme - its just sensational - and your layout is wonderful. That gorgeous retro photograph really drew me in right from the start - love this! Thanks so much for playing along with us

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, I really hope you enjoyed it. See you again soon!